Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Open Soul

One of the reasons why I started this blog was because I love to write. When you see a thought from your mind, come through your hands and onto paper it can be liberating. For me, writing is one of the ways that I express myself. A while ago I wrote this poem and I thought I would share. It is written about a principle that I believe is very important.

The Open Soul

The open soul,
Oh, the soul that can share
Inside lies the dark and the light,
Opening can bring hope and show care.

Nobody is perfect,
That is why we are here.
Open your soul to others,
They shall gain from your joy and tear

How can the soul be opened?
That is the question for all.
Opening our souls can be frightening,
How do we take down that wall?

And yes, there are the few we can open to,
The few to whom we can share
But oh! The growth we would feel,
If we widened our circle of care.

     -Sarah W. Dickey

No comments:

Post a Comment