Thursday, August 25, 2011

Blessings Of Life

Today I went through two boxes that were full of memorabilia from throughout my life. I read old letters from friends and family. I looked at picture after picture of fun times throughout my high school years and my first semesters of college. I read entries in my past journals. As I went through those treasured items, I laughed and cried. I am a very sentimental person. I feel things deep within my heart. Life has been so good.

As I scanned through old journals, I read about some hard times. Those times ranged from boy drama my first semester of college to struggling with my testimony as a 14 year old girl. It was neat to flip forward in the journals after reading about a struggling time to see how I got through it. I guess you could say that I learned lessons from my past self today.

I also read about good times in those journals. It made me reminisce on some special and fun memories. I couldn't help but think of the fact that in a couple years, I will look back and reminisce on the stage of life I am in right now. Sometimes you don't realize what a special stage of life you are in until it is past.

I'm grateful for journals. For pictures. For faded and worn letters of encouragement and love from others. I want to get better at writing in my journal today. I want to continue to take many, many pictures. Then, in the future, I will be able to show my children and reminisce on the blessings of life.

Little me :)

My family :)


High School

With my siblings on Christmas Eve 2007


Summer at Snow College with my best friend Rachel

First semester at BYUI

Look for the good in life... it can always be found!

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, I love your posts- they are always so uplifting and fun! :) Glad we can stay in touch with you guys this way!

    ReplyDelete