Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Come What May

"The only people who achieve much are those who want knowledge so badly that they seek it while the conditions are still unfavorable. FAVORABLE CONDITIONS NEVER COME.” This is a quote that we were given at orientation for my graduate program and it is the quote that I’ll be living by for the next year and a half. My program starts tomorrow. I have been a bit overwhelmed tonight. It seems as if the conditions are “unfavorable” to be starting a masters program right now. A graduate program means more debt. A graduate program means that starting a family any time soon would be much more difficult. It means more stress.

But, more importantly, starting a graduate program means following a dream. Starting a graduate program means that I can stretch myself in a different way. It means that I have gotten an answer from my Heavenly Father and He is okay with it.

So, come what may! I’m heading into this program full force and with a smile. Life can be hard, but I can do hard things.    

1 comment:

  1. Wow I love this post Sarah! You are awesome and you go girl! What and where is this graduate program all about?

    ReplyDelete