Friday, May 13, 2011

I love BYU-Idaho!

On April 26th I wrote this entry in my journal and thought that I would share. It expresses my feelings for BYU-Idaho. I also added some pictures.

April 26, 2011

"I am now a Brigham Young University-Idaho graduate. Wow, how time flies. I remember my first semester of college so clearly. I remember moving into that "cave" of an apartment and meeting some other scared freshman girls that would not only be my roommates but my lifelong friends.

Time continued to pass and it was during my second semester that Jaren became my boyfriend. He put me on "cloud 9". I was in heaven.


That fall I moved to California to work for a couple of months. There, my testimony was tested and it grew more than ever. California was a "mini mission" for me. I came home a stronger woman.


At work in California


Upon coming home I got engaged to the man of my dreams and then continued school. The semester of our engagement was a learning experience. I was very busy with school, work, singing, and getting ready to be married. It was also during this time that Jaren and I were working though some "kinks" caused by the stress of everything. We grew.


After getting married, I did six more semesters of school. I loved the married college life. During that time I got accepted and LOVED the social work program. I learned so much about the world and about people. My inner desire to help those who need it the most was magnified.

Throughout my time at BYU-Idaho, my testimony of Jesus Christ multiplied in size. I "grew up" during my time here. There were so many tears, yet so much laughter and joy throughout the years. Sometimes the stress of everything broke me down, but the accomplishment that I felt as I pressed forward with the Lord's help was amazing.

I have become a better person and disciple of Christ. So many of my professors, co-workers, and fellow students at this University have helped me more than they will ever know. I can't help but hope that I have somehow helped them in return.

The page has now turned and a new chapter in my life is beginning. Even though I am excited for these new adventures, I will always look back on these past four years and smile. So thank you, BYU-Idaho, for being a place where I could develop into who I want to be."



No comments:

Post a Comment