Monday, June 27, 2011

Everyone Desires Happiness

My best friend, Kelli Oswald, is serving an LDS mission in Ireland/Scotland right now. She has been out for about five months and I miss her so much. We talked to each other every day before she left. Now, with only "snail mail" to communicate, it has been an adjustment. I am so very proud of her though! She is sharing the true word of God!

In a recent letter she wrote:
"Me and sister Sorensen played a game this week as we were walking to one of our appointments.... we were counting how many people were smiling. It was a LONG Walk and in one hour we spotted Two people who were smiling..... and we think they were drunk. It truly has been eye opening to me to see just how miserable people really are. I love the people here, don't get me wrong. They are great. But they are generally sad. However, when we walk into that Alloa ward everyone is smiling! The gospel is so important. It is truth! Everyone wants what we have! Everyone desires happiness."

I believe this! When we keep the commandments of God, we can truly be happy. The hard times sure don't disappear, but we are strengthened by the Lord.



The night Kelli opened her mission call!  

No comments:

Post a Comment