Thursday, July 7, 2011

"Low-Carb Craver" #1

As I mentioned in my "making changes" post, Jaren and I are eating less carbs. It has been an adventure to make changes in our ways of cooking, eating meals, and snacking. I know that other people try to eat like this or would like to try eating a bit fewer carbs and so I thought that I would share some low-carb ideas. Once in a while I will write "low-carb craver" posts (gotta love that name :) that will include different tips and ideas on how to eat less carbs. I know that not everyone will be interested in these posts but a few people have expressed interest so I thought I would try it.


For this first post, I will share a hint having to do with pasta. We all know that pasta is VERY high in carbohydrates and so it is best to be avoided in large amounts. This can be hard, especially if you love meals like spaghetti and stroganoff like I do. Jaren and I have begun to use spaghetti SQUASH in the place of our pasta for some dishes. Sounds crazy I know, but it actually tastes good! For example, last night we had spaghetti sauce with meatballs over spaghetti squash.          
  
                    Here is a picture of the spaghetti squash (looks like angel hair pasta huh! ;)

               Spaghetti sauce and meatballs over spaghetti squash


Just some ideas for those interested. This way of eating has been a good experience for us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment