Sunday, June 5, 2011

80 Hour Work Week

This week has been crazy! I put in close to a 80 hour work week. This is out of the norm but it happened this week because we had to get lifeguard certified for my job which takes many hours to do. Lifeguard certification was quite the learning experience for me and helped me grow A LOT! It's a long story, but it sure made me a stronger person. I'm going to hold onto my "professional lifeguard certification" like it took everything to get it :) With God, anything is possible ;)

Last Sunday, I had lifeguard training from 9 am until 6 pm which meant that I had to miss church. Then today (the next Sunday) I had my last day of lifeguard training from 8am-12 pm which meant that I missed church again. Jaren and I decided to find a different ward that started at a different time so that we could attend. Even though I was completely exhausted from lifeguard training, I'm so grateful that I went. I was so spiritually uplifted. Being "forced" to miss church last week helped me to remember to not take it for granted. Today while I sat in church, the Spirit of God reminded me that. Church on Sunday is my spiritual boost for the week and a time that I can worship God and my Savior. I truly love it.

That was my little reminder from the Spirit today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment