Sunday, February 5, 2012

Our Temple Marriage

I came across this paper/journal entry that I wrote for a class when Jaren and I were engaged. I'm so glad I did. Maybe one day these words will be a stength to my future daughter when she is striving to enter the temple.

Our Temple Marriage 

By Sarah Winn
April 2009

            As a little girl I dreamed of marrying the man of my dreams in my Heavenly Fathers house. I could frequently be found playing make-believe with my best friends as we imagined our lives with our future husbands. That dream is now becoming a reality as I prepare to get married for time and all eternity to Jaren Lance Dickey. Jaren is the kind of man that I have always dreamed of marrying. He is handsome, a gentleman, a worthy priesthood holder, spiritual, and genuinely kind.

          As Jaren and I have gone throughout our lives, we have kept ourselves clean from the things of the world so that we may one day go to the temple. Jaren entered the Lords House before serving a mission and I get to enter in three days. I am so grateful that we saved ourselves for each other as we have grown up. I am also very grateful that we have helped each other stay worthy and morally clean while we have dated and been engaged.

          In five days, Jaren and I will kneel across from each other at the alter and become husband and wife unto the Lord. What a magnificent opportunity! I will be sealed to the man that I love forever. We will become a God and Goddess together into the eternities. Jaren thinks that he is lucky to have me, and I hope that he realizes how lucky that I am to have him. The more I think about it, the more I realize that we are much more then “lucky”, we are blessed. We are blessed to have each other and to be worthy to enter into the temple.  

          A couple of weeks ago, Jaren and I went up to the temple with our photographer and took our wedding pictures. It was such a neat experience to have Jaren in his tux and me in my white dress standing in front of the temple. It got me very excited for our special day. We are getting married on April.11, 2009. That day will go down as the biggest day in our lives: the day that we went from two to one and the day that we gave ourselves to each other. I am so excited and very ready to do so.  

          It is sometimes hard to believe that all of my dreams and make-believe play are now becoming a reality. I have wished, hoped, and prayed that I would one day find the man that I had envisioned. That day is now here and my heart is full with gratitude to my Father in Heaven for preparing both Jaren and I to marry in His house.   

No comments:

Post a Comment