Sunday, January 29, 2012

Time Spent Towards Progress

Life is very busy for both Jaren and I. I'm doing 40 hours a week between my internship and job and then I'm taking 8 credits on top of that. Jaren is still spending about 70-80 hours on school each week and on a basketball team. Somehow between the two of us we are able to keep our apartment semi-clean and are still able to spend quality time with each other and our families. It sure does get stressful at times and so I love having a Saturday morning to just chill. Life is sure is good though.

Jaren and I just had a really good conversation about "time spent towards progress" (using Jaren's words). I hope that I am using my time in a way that will help me progress spiritually, academically, physically, emotionally etc. We got caught up in this conversation after Jaren shared a quote with me from Elder Richard G. Scott about how sometimes we get caught up in things that are not worth our time, even though they aren't bad, that will keep us away from things of more importance. They will keep us away from spending our time doing things that will help us progress in different areas of our lives.

I hope that some part of this makes sense. It has been on my mind tonight and so I wanted to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment