Saturday, October 1, 2011

Special Weekend

Can I just say that I LOVE conference weekend?! It always seems like it's a holiday weekend. My family has always made it a really fun weekend. We do something fun for every session. For one session we have a breakfast, for another we do foot-rubs, for another we have a "conference party" (similar to a super-bowl party). And then, when the boys are at the priesthood session, the girls do facials and eye-brow waxing. When the boys get home, we have ice-cream sundaes and hear about what was taught at that session. We also try to go to condos or hotels over conference weekend sometimes. All of these things are quite silly compared to the real importance of conference, but it does make it really fun!

I love the feeling that comes into our home, when God's leaders are speaking to us. I know that we can get answers to any question that we have if we listen to conference with an open heart and mind. I have experienced this firsthand. Jaren and I have a particular question in mind as we listen to conference this weekend. I know we will get an answer. We always do.

The gospel of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true.  I love it. God's prophet and apostles are speaking to us this weekend. How amazing! I hope I don't take that granted.

We had my family over to our apartment this morning for the conference breakfast
Picture of Mom and Zachy with the food :)

Dad and Adeline watching conference this morning

No comments:

Post a Comment