Sunday, October 23, 2011

23 years old

As I have mentioned before in my "Blessing of Life" post, I am a very sentimental person. I love life and I get sentimental about past stages I have gone through. I look back on special times and smile. Because of this trait, my birthdays have always been a very sentimental time for me. My birthday was yesterday and I am now 23 years old. I can hardly believe it. As I laid in bed the night before my birthday, I thought back to the past year of my life. A lot as happened. I have grown. I hope that I am a better person than I was on my 22nd birthday. I want to always be progressing.

My birthday was really fun! I am so grateful for my husband, family, and friends who made my day special. In the morning, Jaren made me a yummy birthday breakfast and then took me to the temple to do a session. In the afternoon, my mom sent me on a scavenger hunt throughout Rexburg to find my gift. The clues sent us everywhere from my first semester apartment at Birch Plaza to Chesbros Music Store. It was so much fun! My little brother and sister came along for the ride and were there to help us when we had trouble finding the greatly hidden clues. That night, my hubby took me to dinner and then watched a chick flick with me. Jaren watching a chick flick would equal a miracle :) He actually really enjoyed it!

I am so grateful for my life. Life is not perfect but it is beautiful. I only get one chance to live, I want to milk it for all it's worth ;)

My birthday present from Jaren
I have hardly stopped playing since I got it!

Birthday dinner

Driving around on the scavenger hunt

2 comments:

  1. How fun! I didn't realize you were 2 years younger than me. PS we need to get together soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah! Thanks for your little note on my blog. It was good to hear from you and see your blog in return. Of course, you are more than welcome to refer to that post, whatever you want to do. Congratulations on recently graduating! What an accomplishment. I don't know about you, but I miss BYU-I so much, Jared too. Life is wonderful now and we're doing very well in Texas, but it's hard not to miss dear Idaho and our experiences at BYU-I. What a place! Anyway, glad to see some pictures of you. Best of luck and much love to you both!

    ReplyDelete