Friday, April 13, 2012

Three Amazing Years

This week has been really special. Jaren and I had our three year anniversary. Three years! To celebrate, we were able to spend the week at a condo in Island Park (Thanks to my uncle Richard). The only way that I can describe our time there is to say it was special. We spent our time in the hot tub, cooking on the BBQ, playing intense games of Nerf gun hide and go seek, movies, and filming a home-made "scary" movie.

Jaren and I have learned so much throughout these past three years. I can truly say that we have helped each other become better people (slowly but surely ;). As I think back 3 years to my wedding day, I remember it being beautiful. I remember being happy. I remember all of our supportive family and friends (see wedding pictures here). But, when I think of marriage, I don't think about my wedding day. I think of the things that make marriage real. I think of Jaren and I crying together. I think of the times that we forgive each other after a fight. I think of the fact that every time anything happens to me (good or bad), he is the first one I want to tell. What an amazing gift marriage is!

Here are some pictures from our anniversary trip...
Our Cabin



The power in the cabin was out for the first few hours...
this is our creative way to get water (snow melting)

Hot tub on the back porch

Playing card games (the camera flash was a bit much :)

BBQ

Movie time

Early morning hot-tubing :)

The little shop


Sling shots :)


Anniversary dinner




No comments:

Post a Comment