Thursday, April 10, 2014

Some Thoughts...

Five years ago tonight, was the night before I got married. I remember that night well. I turned off my bedroom light and sat alone on my bed. It was the bed that I had slept in for many years, and it was my last night there. The next night, I would be sharing a bed with the man I loved. I felt so much peace. I remember feeling grateful that I had saved myself for my wedding night.

I respect all different beliefs and ways of life, but for me, giving myself to my husband after we were wed was the most beautiful thing I have ever experienced. Something was so liberating about committing to God and each other before we shared our bodies with one another. I loved that it was planned. I loved that it was in a beautiful hotel suite. I loved everything about it. That night, I experienced respect and love to a level deeper than I had ever experienced it before.

I will forever be grateful for the choices that Jaren and I made. For us, it was perfect. Those traditional and "old fashioned" values were amazing. I feel like it was a perfect platform from which we dove into our marriage head first. So tonight as I lay in bed with my husband, five years later, I am going hold his hand extra tight and whisper "Thank you".

Dating (summer 2008)

Engagement picture 2009

Engagement picture 2009

Engagement picture 2009

Engagement picture 2009

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, you said this so well! I was just thinking about this today and had a lot of the same feelings. Great post!

    ReplyDelete