Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Light at the end of the tunnel

There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Last night my classmates and I met with a few of our professors in Idaho Falls. It was a meeting for the "second and third year students" (I can't believe that's me). The subject of the meeting was a "capstone" class that we will be taking our last semester. Our last semester, is NEXT semester. This means that I will be done with this masters program in December. It has been the hardest thing I have ever done and man am I ready to be done.

Even though I am ready to be done, I don't want to spend my life "waiting" for the next stage of life to come. I feel like it is so easy to do that. I want to enjoy each stage of life instead of saying "When I finish this semester then life will be better..." "When I graduate, then I'll be happy..." "When we have a family..." "When my husband graduates from medical school... " "When...". The list could go on and on. Each stage of life is precious. I catch myself saying the "when-then" statements at times, but I'm trying to have a more positive mindset. Life is WAY to short.

It's days like this past Saturday, that remind me of the simple things that make life awesome. Jaren and I decided that we needed a break from all we need to do. A real break, not just our classic 2 hour break per day. Our day consisted of an Air Show, pizza at the park, drawing with sidewalk chalk, eating snow-cones, renting and watching a movie, and sleeping outside under the stars. Simple pleasures with my best friend. Life is good.

Air Show


Pizza at the park

Sidewalk Chalk



No, a 5 year old didn't draw this... I did

Jaren is the artist of the family. He is good!

Snow-cones

Sleeping under the stars :)

Jaren wrote this on our "I love you because" board that day. Such a true statement :)

1 comment: