Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas Break

I have officially finished my first semester of graduate school! I loved it. Social work is one of my passions. Jaren will finish up his semester this week and then it is Christmas break! We have all sorts of plans for Christmas break. Everything from a full day Harry Potter movie marathon to romantic dinner dates :) I also have a long list of things to do that I don't have time to do during school that I want to accomplish during the break. I love this time of year. Bring on the hot chocolate and candy canes!

I can't believe that Christmas is coming. Today at church we heard talks about Christmas. It got me thinking. How can I make this Christmas season more centered around Jesus Christ? It is so easy to focus on more trivial things (as seen in the above paragraph ;) so how can I focus more on what Christmas is really about? One thing that Jaren and I talked about is focusing on service during the break. Making a goal to do an act of service outside of the home each day of the break would help us, even if the act of service is something simple and small.

At this time of year, some people are hurting. A friend of mine lost her father a few weeks ago. It really put things into perspective for me. It made everything that I worry about seen so small and insignificant. I hope to make this Christmas season a time to help those who are lonely or overwhelmed with life. I think that that is how my Savior would be spending this holiday season if he were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment